Assessment Quality Controller - Cape TownR 15k per month
- Recruiter: International Colleges Group
- Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
- Salary: R 15k per month
- Sector: Education Jobs
- Job Type: Permanent
- Date Added: 23 April 2012
- Applications: 0
- AA/EE opportunity?: No
- Benefits: Not Included
Assist with the designing and implementation of summative assessment development and moderation policies and procedures that meet DOE / UMALUSI requirements
- Ensure compliance to all summative development moderation criteria related to the design of the summative tool/Question Paper
- Ensure that summative tools/Question Paper meet UMALUSI requirements
- Assist in designing of training documents for Designers & Moderators
- Ensure correct unit standards are assessed in each summative tool / Question Papers
- Manage moderation process of assignments and summative. Interrogate reports and provide feedback to management. Ensure safekeeping of moderation safekeeping records. Mange the implementations of moderation.
- Ensure relevant assessment criteria/standards are applied
- Ensure compliance to standardise mark allocation and time allocation across all summative tools/Question Papers and unit standards/ subject content within a summative tool
- Ensure specific outcomes /Learning Outcomes and assessment standards are covered in the summative tools in line with assessment criteria.
- Ensure the summative tool and memo correspond in all respects
- Ensure minimum queries are raised on content, duration and general standard of summative tools
- Ensure all academic editing queries are addressed and resolved
- Provide feedback final sign-off on academic quality of each summative tool and suggest corrective action.
- Assist in setting of the timetable
- Prepare all analysis reports and relevant documentation for Exam Committee and Board meetings
- Generate question paper databank for cost saving and academic integrity purposes
Teaching or training experience in an educational or training environment is essential
- Experience in complexities regarding unit standard based assessment tools
- Experience in quality assuring summative tools
- Sound knowledge of ETQA requirements for summative assessment
- Experience in relationship management with professional bodies in the industry
- Strong learner services exposure and/or experience
- Extensive experience in regulatory issues, problems, solutions, models and systems in the Educational industry (ideally with experience in the Distance Education Industry), specifically in SA.
- An in-depth understanding of the educational industry in SA today, and the challenges it faces.
- Experience in an assessment environment
- Knowledge of exam processes
- Experience in managing or supervising staff
- Experience in setting and moderating question papers
- Exposure to negotiating with external examiners and moderators
- Customer satisfaction orientation
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational and administration skills
- PC Literacy with a working knowledge of MS Word for Windows, Basic Excel, Outlook
CLOSING DATE: 03 MAY 2012
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED. SHOULD YOU NOT HEAR FROM US, PLEASE CONSIDER YOURSELF UNSUCCESSFUL.