Assistant General Manager – 5 Star, Luxury Lodge, E/Cape - Grahamstown
Cost to Company Package
Notes: Package includes: Accommodation and meals, Medical Aid and Provident Fund contributions, and uniform.
Leave: 6 weeks on, 2 weeks off leave cycle.
Why should you apply for this position?
- Room for growth in the company
- Exclusive environment catering to discerning guests
Five Star Game lodge catering to discerning international guests. Intimate and exclusive. Such a vast area offers a safe haven for many endangered and rare species while protecting an area of unique diversity and beauty. Hospitality operations serve as a means towards ensuring that the conservation objectives of the property are sustainable while at the same time ensuring that the people of the area benefit from the work opportunities and training that tourism development offers. This luxury lodge caters to the most discerning clientele, and they now seek an Assistant Lodge Manager to join and lead their dynamic team.
Which qualifications will secure this position?
• A relevant qualification in hospitality management and/or Human Resource Management would be beneficial.
• Computer literate with the ability to work freely in Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook. Experience with Pastel and Opera would be advantageous.
What type of experience do we require?
• Relevant and substantial experience in the fields of operations, human resource management, and lodge management.
• Suitable experience in the luxury hospitality industry.
• A thorough understanding and knowledge of relevant human resources management with specific reference to the Basic conditions of Employment and the Employment Equity Act of South Africa.
What are the key responsibilities of the position?
• To fulfil the responsibilities and tasks of the General Manager during his/her absence.
• To maintain a clear channel of communication between all levels of management.
• To oversee all aspects of operations management, with specific emphasis on stock controls, management systems and procedures, ordering and support to Lodge Managers.
• Able to analyse and interpret relevant financial information relating to the operations of the lodge business unit.
• To maintain and improve standards of service and guest experience throughout the lodge environments.
• To enforce the company code of conduct and carry out relevant and appropriate actions in this regard.
What skills / behaviours are required?
• Highly organised and disciplined in terms of record keeping.
• Attention to detail, with an eye for identifying inconsistency and potential problems.
• Creative and motivated, able to come up with and implement new ideas.
• Able to work under pressure, and maintain performance over long time periods.
• Consultative and open to constructive criticism.
• Excellent interpersonal skills allowing for easy communication with all staff and guests alike.
Position Reports to: General Manager
Please ensure that you provide the following information with your application:
- Photograph – Head and shoulders picture, in low resolution format for our database
- Start and End dates for all previous employment
- Written references that you have available
- Current contact telephone numbers and email addresses for all previous employers, for referencing purposes.
Due to high volumes of CV’s received, should you not hear from us within seven working days of sending your application, please consider your application for this particular position unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply for any other positions that we may advertise in future.
Please note that we are not able to accept any application if a valid work permit is not held.