Assistant Lodge Manager Exclusive Game Lodge in Private Reserve - Hazyview
Start Date: ASAP
Notes: Cost to Company Package, Medical Aid, and Provident Fund—Metropolitan Life, Meals, and Uniform provided
This exclusive game lodge offers rare solitude and the ultimate in safari luxury on prime game viewing land recognised globally for its diversity and formidable concentration of big game and frequent leopard sightings. Guests can choose between three unfenced lodges, infused with glamour and elegance.
What are the key responsibilities of the position?
- Effective communication in terms of departmental, guest and other departments
- Oversee daily lodge function and ensure the smooth running of service
- Maintenance issues to be communicated and followed up on
- Professional and efficient guest service
- Management of manual and computer systems and lodge procedures
- Stock management
- Coordination of meal services and functions
- Staff management in terms of training, discipline and responsibilities
- Stand in for the lodge manager in his absence
- Accountable for the performance of all service staff (Butler and waiters) and Gardener teams who report directly into him/her
- Must be strong enough to deal with strong personalities which will be reporting into him/her directly
What type of experience do we require?
- 4 years experience in a 5 * lodge / hotel
- Experience in a managerial/supervisory role in a similar environment
- Understands and is mature enough to deal with high-end guest profile
- Experience in disciplinary processes
- Strong manager who can add value and picks up the systems quickly – not someone to grow into the role.
Which qualifications will secure this position?
- Hotel school qualification
- Driver’s License
What skills / behaviours are required?
- Exceptional communication and management skills
- Attention to detail essential
- Strong administrative and organisational skills – must be able to cope with admin/stock controls
- Strong with F&B
- Strong personality who copes with everyday pressure
Why should you apply for this position?
The Assistant Lodge Manager position is based in the Lodge front of house and involves the efficient running of the front of house function as well as to relieve the Lodge Manger as necessary. Join a Relais & Chateaux property and work with local and international guests.
Position Reports to: Lodge Manager
Please ensure that you provide the following information with your application:
- Photograph – Head and shoulders picture, in low resolution format for our database
- Start and End dates for all previous employment
- Written references that you have available
- Current contact telephone numbers and email addresses for all previous employers, for referencing purposes.
Due to high volumes of CV’s received, should you not hear from us within seven working days of sending your application, please consider your application for this particular position unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply for any other positions that we may advertise in future.
Please note that we are not able to accept any application if a valid work permit is not held.