Assistant Maintenance Manager Five Star Game Lodge - Grahamstown
Start Date: ASAP
Cost to Company package includes:
• Medical Aid Contribution
• Provident Fund
• Live in
• Meals and uniform provided
Five Star Game lodge catering to discerning international guests. Intimate and exclusive.
Primarily a conservation area. Such a vast area offers a safe haven for many endangered and rare species while protecting an area of unique diversity and beauty. Hospitality operations serve as a means towards ensuring that the conservation objectives of the property are sustainable while at the same time ensuring that the people of the area benefit from the work opportunities and training that tourism development offers.
What are the key responsibilities of the position?
• Correct use and maintenance of equipment to ensure the highest level of productivity and safety
• Effective communication with the maintenance manager in terms of all maintenance issues
• Ensuring that the maintenance staff deliver the highest level of service to guests by overseeing the carrying out of their assigned duties effectively and efficiently
• Monitoring of lodge and staff facilities to a fully functional level of operation
• Negotiate with suppliers and maintain supplier relationships
What type of experience do we require?
• At least 2 years working experience in an assistant role
• Extensive operational knowledge in the fields of: Water Reticulation, Boreholes, Sewage Systems, Wetlands and Reed beds.
• Extensive operational knowledge of Generator Electrical Systems.
• Knowledge of NOSA safety standards, rules and regulations a plus.
Which qualifications will secure this position?
• Basic first aid knowledge
• Driver’s license – minimum of Code 8
• General computer knowledge (MS Word, Excel etc)
• Preferably formal education in the areas of air conditioning, plumbing, carpentry, electrics
• Knowledge of gas facilities e.g. gas geysers, gas stoves, multi braai’s, etc
What skills / behaviours are required?
• Must be able to fault find
• Good command of the English language – verbal & written
• Good Management skills
• Must be able to deal with practical problems and installations
• Attention to detail
• Should be willing to work flexible hours and fit into a standby roster
• Withstand both physical and mental pressure, must have mental and physical stamina
Why should you apply for this position?
This serves as an opportunity not only to gain five star experience, but also to broaden your skills base under the management of highly skilled staff.
Position Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Please ensure that you provide the following information with your application:
- Photograph – Head and shoulders picture, in low resolution format for our database
- Start and End dates for all previous employment
- Written references that you have available
- Current contact telephone numbers and email addresses for all previous employers, for referencing purposes.
Due to high volumes of CV’s received, should you not hear from us within seven working days of sending your application, please consider your application for this particular position unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply for any other positions that we may advertise in future.
Please note that we are not able to accept any application if a valid work permit is not held.