Automotive Technician - Pretoria
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To carry out repair/maintenance work as requested by the client.
The outcome that is produced is well maintained / repaired motor vehicles and will be considered successful when:
There are no comebacks
Job is done right first time
Satisfied clients (QCSI)
Vehicle repaired according to time framework and service sheet requirements
RELATIONSHIPS AND PERSONAL ACTIVITIES:
Directly responsible to the Service Manager.
Relationships with company staff.
MAIN JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Check that vehicle and job card correspond.
2. Service and repair vehicle, right first time.
3. Request relevant and correct parts from parts sales executive.
4. Liase with service foreman on recommended service issues.
5. Update jobcard, ensuring that it contains accurate information and detailed information on the service.
6. Handle queries: be able to answer/solve problems/ queries accurately and timeously.
7. Go out on breakdowns
8. Coach fellow employees, i.e. apprentices and RSA’s
9. Attend training courses and apply what was taught.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Motor Trade Qualification