Automotive Workshop Supervisor - Thabazimbi
Place of Work: Vehicle Maintenance Workshop
To manage and control the daily operations of the Workshop to ensure compliance to high engineering standards and company policies.
• Manage operations of the workshop
• Ensure efficient work flow, quality workmanship and accurate documentation
• Supervise, motivate, train and develop workshop staff
• Oversee health and safety regulations within workshop
• Liaise with parts to ensure availability service exchange and warranty procedures are adhered to
• Provide technical support to workshop personnel
• Ensure the optimization of human resources through the design and implementation of necessary processes and procedures to enhance efficiency.
• Keeps abreast of most recent technical information and fault finding methods and ensure the dissemination of the necessary information to key personnel.
• Maintain a clean and orderly workshop to promote a safe working environment.
• Report on the daily accomplishments and activities of the workshop.
• Qualified Grade A Diesel Mechanic – Should possess an appropriate and relevant qualification (diploma) from a recognized institution.
• Code 14 License advantageous
• Must have at least 7 years’ experience in an Automotive Workshop Environment.
• Proven organisational and administration skills
• People management skills
• Problem solver
• Possess a strong technical background and have excellent knowledge of effective quality control methods.
• Possess a mature and conscientious approach to work.
• High level of computer literacy is required.
• Above average communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
• Proven leadership skills in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
• Ability to supervise personnel actions.
• Knowledge and experience in preventive maintenance and stock control.
This role reports directly to the Maintenance Manager
The Workshop Supervisor is responsible for the management and control of the daily operations of the workshop. The Workshop Supervisor should ensure that all resources such as manpower, materials, methods, and procedures are followed and utilized effectively and efficiently.
• Must be able to fault find
• Good command of the English language – verbal & written
• Strong Management skills
• Must be able to deal with practical problems and installations
• Neatness and Attention to detail
• Facilities Management,