Beauty Counter Coordinator - Sandton
An exciting position has arisen for individuals passionate about growth in the retail/cosmetic sector - we are looking for an Mall Coordinator to manage the Sandton Mall. The mall has multiple counters where the mall coordinator will need to manage retail sales, in-store events, the conduct and appearance of a team of consultants as well as the look and feel of this international cosmetics brand.
Demonstrated experience meeting tough targets is essential and applicants will need to be charismatic, smart and able to speak to consumers and business people with confidence. Solid sales experience and a passion for beauty are paramount as the candidate will be required to meet specific sales/treatment targets and must also be prepared to work throughout key trading periods - weekends and public holidays are non-negotiable.
We are ideally looking for the following formal qualifications:
Matric (Ideally with Mathematics)
Diploma/Formal Marketing Training
In-house retail training certificates
To achieve individual, account and mall retail targets, hourly productivity, average unit sale and average transaction and other key performance indicators. To provide excellent customer service and supervision to the Beauty Advisors.
Coordinating Mall Productivity and Sales
• Ensure all counters in the designated mall have a Beauty Advisor in attendance during critical trading periods and throughout the week.
• Act as a substitute when there are unmanned counters during critical trading periods.
• Ensure each store in the mall achieves sales target
• Maintain and coordinate the brand Retail and Trade focus.
• Drive actions, priorities, counter and store objectives as set out by management with the designated team of Mall BA’s.
• Develop and implement monthly action plans for all counters to ensure all counters achieve target
• Ensure Beauty Advisors consistently approach customers in line with Job Description requirements.
• Approach customers with a cheerful and enthusiastic disposition
• Traffic stop with ‘new’ launches
• Listen to and identify customer needs
• Invite every customer to sit down and have a skincare consultation and/or make over
• Fill out a guest registry card for every customer, whether she purchases or not
• Ask the appropriate follow up questions in a friendly manner
• Introduce a ‘Perfect Partner’ to customers to compliment their initial purchase
• Book a return appointment for each customer
Achieving sales targets
To achieve counter specific sales targets by adhering to the brand's selling and training guidelines, and by overseeing the productivity levels of each BA, counter and mall:
• 3 Units per hour required
• 4 Makeovers per day required
• 1 New Treatment customer per day
• Know ranking and market share in store
• Book follow-ups
• Follow-up on non-performance of BAs
Fully utilise all tools provided by the Company to offer excellent customer service.
• Capturing Client cards on Handheld Technology
• Book customers to attend future planned activities
• Offer a moisture checker service where appropriate
• Encourage customers to return through good rapport and customer service
• Build and maintain high customer satisfaction levels in the mall and at each counter
Business Awareness and Administration
To be fully aware of individual and account performance against target and within department
• Review monthly Trade Focus Documents and ensure action plans are implemented to the required standards consistently in each individual retailer in the mall
• Arrange tailored events and on counter activity in collaboration with the regional manager, the events manager, and the brand managers to ensure business plan is delivered and aligned with brand strategy
• Complete all paperwork and administration required by the brand and the Store accurately and on time
• Ensure all BA paperwork is completed accurately and on time, taking appropriate corrective action when necessary
• Know competitors and competitor products and develop the brand business solutions, utilizing relevant information
• Implement performance management and disciplinary principles, processes and policies consistently
• Manage stock holdings effectively
To ensure the brand image is maximised in store.
• Implement merchandising standards for each counter, ensuring a consistent high level of execution in line with the brand's international prestige image
• Ensure the counter at every door is spotlessly clean and well maintained
• Make certain the counter is fully stocked and that all products are stored by category
• All displays are strictly in accordance with Company Visual Merchandising guidelines and plannograms, including testers plannograms
• Report any snagging issues promptly to the management team
• Manage BA non-compliance with merchandising guidelines and plannograms consistently and in line with brand policy
Motivation to Achieve
Sets high goals or standards of performance for self, subordinates or others. Demonstrates strong sense of urgency in carrying out all responsibilities as a Mall Coordinator and Elizabeth brand representative. Acts swiftly when BA, counter and mall performance is not meeting established targets to correct the situation.
Rapport and Communication
Is aware of feelings and needs of others and their impact on them. Actions indicate this awareness. Ability to mix easily with other people. Approach others easily. Effective oral communication and demonstrates ability to listen and pick out important information
Planning, Organisation and Flexibility
Establish courses of action for self and or others to accomplish a goal. Implementation of action plans and feedback. Takes actions to ensure delivery
Impact, Assertiveness and Persuasiveness
Ability to present ideas and facts in a convincing manner and to convince others of a particular viewpoint. Obtains agreement or acceptance of plans or products and creates a good impression on others and maintains that impression
Willing to work cooperatively as a team member. Possesses persuasion and negotiation skills.
Influences, motivates and inspires BA’s at counter to achieve the individual and Mall objectives. Willing to take ownership of the performance at each counter, the performance of each BA and the mall’s overall performance.
Originates action. Ability to follow through energetically with events and achieve goals. Sees opportunities and acts on them. Starter/completer approaching to solving problems; perseverance.
• Experience of working in a sales environment and working to achieve targets
• Experience supervising a team to meet sales targets
• Numerate, able to interpret sales information and recognise trends
• Flexible – able to adapt and vary approach
• Enthusiastic and energetic
To apply for the mall co-ordinator job please send your up to date CV and a recent photo