Bindery Technician - City Of Johannesburg MetroSalary Negotiable
- Recruiter: PSM Personnel
- Location: City Of Johannesburg Metro, Gauteng
- Salary: Salary Negotiable
- Sector: Engineering Jobs
- Job Type: Permanent
- Date Added: 01 June 2012
- Applications: 0
- AA/EE opportunity?: No
- Benefits: Not Included
Award winning printing company seeks the very best, talented, driven and knowledgeable Bindery Technician, who are passionate about the manufacturing industry and who can influence the productivity of the company. They are looking for smart people to appoint as a Bindery Technician.
This goal orientated person, boasting an above average performance record, will report to the Bindery Manager
Skills, Experience and Education
- At least 3 to 5 years’ experience and expertise in the Bindery environment.
- Must ideally have an N6 certificate in the mechanical trade or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. Knowledge of post press equipment such as Kolbus binders, Gang stichers, Guillotines, folding machines, etc. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Sound knowledge of Bindery equipment operation and Fitting and Turning
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective security operations for the protection of people, data and property.
- Other skills- strong mathematical ability, critical problem solving ability, and judgment and decision making skills.
Key Duties and responsibilities
1. Enhance plant operations performance by:
- Assisting and guiding operators on the best operating practices for optimum production output.
- Maintaining bindery equipment in a good state to enhance operating efficiency.
- Following up on specific plant non-conformances and implement corrective measures.
- Providing input and assisting with design specifications to improve plant efficiency.
- Conducting plant condition monitoring and random check for conformity.
- Repairing breakdowns, and conducting root course analysis and implementing corrective measures.
2. Conduct investigations into problem areas from an Electrical/Mechanical perspective by:
- Investigating incidents to establish non Compliance and conduct root cause analysis.
- Producing an investigation report with proposals and alternatives for solutions
- Carry out repairs and corrective maintenance on all equipment.
3. Performing stock counting and Control of stock items by:
- Checking that correct spares and materials are available as and when needed.
- Procure the critical parts and maintain minimum stock levels.
4. Provide support during outages/planned machine down time
- Provide support during outages/planned machine down time and breakdowns by:
- Providing professional advice and assistance to machine operators.
- Assisting in fault finding
5. Apply safe housekeeping practices according to the OHSAct by:
Adhering to Plant safety regulations.
Complying with General Machines Regulations.
6 Perform administrative duties.
7. Perform any other legitimate activities in line with your duties as may be required.