Bookkeeper - Gordon's Bay
• Entering customer invoices - once the stock is available.
• Receiving customer payments against invoices.
• Balancing customer accounts - making sure all invoices are paid before goods are sent out.
• Creating quotes (pro-forma invoices) for customers where needed.
• Submitting daily sales report to Head Office.
• Entering supplier bills - checking that invoices are correctly charged.
• Checking VAT on invoices.
• Filing all invoices received.
• Paying supplier bills - internet banking.
• Reconciling supplier accounts against supplier statements.
• Stock take - reconciling stock.
• Making sure only items in stock are sold (no negative stock).
• Entering new products onto accounting system.
• Analysis of buying patterns and stock projections.
• Creating weekly cashflow report and submitting to Head Office.
• Balancing bank accounts and petty cash.
• Entering monthly journals.
• Reconciling loan accounts to amounts supplied by Head Office.
• Checking VAT and Submitting VAT to Head Office.
• Creating management account monthly and submitting to Head Office.
- Diploma/Certificate /National Diploma in Bookkeeping
Experience and skills required:
- At least 4 years’ working experience within a bookkeeping environment
- General accounting system knowledge (Quickbooks)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and proven track record in use thereof
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Time management skills
- Ability to plan and organise
Competencies we are looking for in a candidate:
- Attention to detail
- Able to handle large volumes of data
Salary: R8,000 – R15,000 depending on level of experience
To apply for the Bookkeeper position, Gordons Bay, SA Online Store please send a detailed CV and recent photo of yourself.