Branch Controller - Durban
To control all operational and administrative activities covering sea, air and road import and export shipments including transport, estimates and profitability.
Capabilities, Competencies and Skills required
- Goal orientated and result driven.
- Excellent overall knowledge of transport, forwarding and logistics.
- Advanced communication skills both written and verbal.
- The ability to plan, organize, and prioritize.
- Ability to lead the department by example.
- Complete MS suite software skills (EXEL, WORD, etc.).
- PROCARS and Corefreight.
- Positive attitude and willingness to help others within the department.
- Customer service orientated.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to find and deal with the facts.
- To lead with integrity, honesty and loyalty.
- Ability to handle conflict resolution.
- Posses the art of identify problem areas and implementing the required corrective action.
- Numerical ability.
- Ability to make and carry out decisions.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Strong decision and judgment making abilities.
- Time management.
- Active listening.
- Ability to delegate.
- Valid and clean driver’s license.
- Pressurized working environment.
- Working to tight deadlines.
- Long working hours – including lunch times, after hours and weekends.
- Fulfilling client demands for immediate responses and action.
- Ensure that deadlines are met without fail.