Business Analyst / Analytical Modeller - Sandton
Business analyst / Analytical Modeller , Sandton, Salary very negotiable.
Business Analyst - Modeller
- Purpose of the Role: Provide insightful analytics and business understanding into a client’s needs in order to extract a specification in the direction of adding value into the strategic direction of the client
- Modelling future financial and operational performance of new products/ventures.
- Demonstrate business process innovation and structured problem solving.
- Collaborate with a team to structure and execute the results of the business analysis
- Analyze internal and external raw data, and identify critical business issues and opportunities for growth,
- Analyzing inventory opportunities to target high-potential markets and Businesses.
- Support business development activities and negotiations and/or communications with third parties.
- Lead cross-functional teams to drive and implement key initiatives through developing team work plans, and managing workloads and deadlines.
- Provide the research and analytic horsepower to inform initiatives that are critical to the strategic priorities of the company.
- Analyze and synthesize findings; contribute to the development of recommendations and help communicate results to business group leadership.
- Writing business and technical design documents and requirements gathering.
- Perform data analysis.
- Implementing packaged applications and systems integration.
- Develop Collaborative relationships with clients
- Coney information and ideas to
- Deadline driven
- Effective communication Skills
- Self awareness (e.g. understanding of ones strength and weaknesses and how these impact on achieving results)
- Creativity – think out the box
- Strategic thinking with an analytical approach to problem solving
- Self Motivated
- Strong Business Acumen
- Meticulous, attention to detail.
- Goal driven.
- Must have the ability to work as part of a large team as well as individually.
- Lateral thinker
- A degree in engineering or applied mathematics Focus on Mathematics, statistics or sciences
- 3 years experience in the consulting industry
- Extensive detailed modeling experience
- Domain Knowledge - Experience in mathematical modeling, operations research, data mining, quantitative techniques;
- Good understanding of programming skills (e.g. C#, Matlab, Python);