Business Development Manager - Centurion
Promote the sales of a Product Set within the portfolio of Company Products, by developing client relationships, focusing on sales and growing the business incrementally. This role will work in conjunction with our Product Manager and Vendors.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Prospect for new customers / identify trendsetters and generate interest in the product with clients not currently using the product – build market position.
- Recruit resellers via personal visits, telephone and email contact in order to onboard them as our partners and sell the specific product set.
- Ensure that the new partners achieve the correct levels of sales and technical readiness – handover to Product Manager.
- Ensure Marketing info is available on the product to provide to new partners.
- Work with the newly recruited partners to develop and close sales opportunities – screen potential business deals by analyzing the market.
- Be able to professionally represent the company via presentations, telephonic sales and webex engagement.
- Responsible for delivering Proof of Concepts delivered to new / prospective partners.
- Professionally and efficiently manage partner engagement with a view to maximizing the client experience. This should be achieved through:
- Adhering to Telephonic Etiquette guidelines;
- Continuous Product knowledge improvement (ongoing training);
- Up sell of the product;
- Fast but accurate responses to email and telephonic quote request – forward to IAM / PM;
- Skillful price negotiation using system tools available
- Deal with partner related queries on our products in conjunction with the Product Manager
- Assist the Product Manager to report on partner pipeline
- Share weekly funnel prospects on all leads and outstanding quotations listing
- Display accuracy regarding messages, quotes, orders, and information given
- Consult with partners to establish the needs of their business
- Increase overall customer satisfaction of new partner base
- After hours’ attendance at reseller functions may be required
- Keep an updated customer contact database.
- Relevant Sales / Business Degree / Diploma
- Min 3 – 4 years’ front line sales experience in similar products
- Business Development experience
- Sales certifications
- MS Office Suite (intermediate – essential)
- Experience in Distribution and Reseller Channel (preferred)
- Analytical Thinking & Decision Making
- Outgoing personality & good interpersonal skills
- Business Acumen and Process Management
- Action Orientation
- Drive for Results
- Composure, Customer Focus
- Accept ongoing change