CONTENT CONSULTANT - Cape Town
As the newest addition to our small inhouse team of content writers, you’ll be responsible for writing communication across a wide variety of topics and audiences.
You’ll spend your days writing, editing and proofreading press releases and other marketing and business documents – including internal communication and communication for our clients and financial adviser community. A key focus of your role will be working on our internal newsletters and employee communication campaigns, helping to share our “Love Change” brand philosophy with our people as part of the clients commitment to making an employer of choice.
You’ll also work closely with our content and design teams to create high-quality and engaging articles and documents, many with a financial slant. You need strong writing skills, great people skills and a passion for clear, simple communication.
• Writing, editing and proofreading a variety of internal and external marketing and business documents
• Researching and writing press releases and consumer articles;
• Explaining complex financial and economic concepts in clear, simple terms;
• Adhering to to the clients editorial style guide, ensuring we produce high-quality, error-free copy;
• Ensuring consistency of message and tone, coherence and alignment to our “Love Change” brand philosophy in our written communication documents;
• Liaising with internal stakeholders to take briefs, and secure sign-offs;
• Working with our creative and social media team to brainstorm content ideas, in line with our strategy and in support of various brand initiatives.
This job is not for you if:
• You’re a clockwatcher – ours is a high performance environment and may sometimes demand long hours from you;
• You prefer to work alone or don’t like sharing the credit – this role requires team work and collaboration;
• You don’t enjoy change or surprises. We work in a dynamic space and the people who thrive in our environment are those who are enthusiastic, responsive and adaptable – and able to take the initiative.
Who’ll you report to:
You’ll report to our Reputation Executive, who is accountable for all our content, reputation management and PR-related functions.
A tertiary journalism or communications qualification.
One to three years’ experience as a journalist and content writer. Experience in writing about financial and personal finance issues a recommendation.
Your skills and character traits:
• You are versatile and can write about a broad range of topics;
• You are passionate about writing and communicating in clear, simple language;
• You have a clear, up-to-date understanding of print, online and digital media trends
• You have exceptional communication skills, including excellent verbal and written skills and are able to work collaboratively in a team;
• You are able to work under pressure, managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines;
• You combine a high degree of creativity with exceptional copy writing skills and attention to detail;
• You have a genuine interest in people and their stories, and an interest in financial and consumer journalism.