Contract Lodge Manager Private Game Lodge - Hazyview
Start Date: ASAP
Appointment Type: Contract; 4 – 5 Months
Area: Mpumalanga, Big 5 Reserve
Notes: Accommodation and meals.
Situated in a private game concession within a big 5 game reserve, this lodge offers exclusivity, luxury and refined elegance to both local and international guests. Catering to some of the world’s most discerning guests, the staff are essential in making the experience a memorable one for each guest. Subtle, sophisticated and serene – this up-market lodge seeks a Lodge Manager on a contract basis to lead the staff, host guests and oversee the daily operations in manner matching the lodge’s high standards.
What are the key responsibilities of the position?
- Run the daily operations of the lodge
- Budgeting and financial controls of the lodge
- Cost analysis of expenditure
- Focus of personalizing each guest’s stay
- HR functions
- Ordering operational items
- Quality control of food presentation and service
- Housekeeping standards and training
- Service training of butlers
- Financial controls of operational expenses
- Maintain and exceed current hospitality standards
- Hosting guests
What type of experience do we require?
- Minimum 2 years experience in running a 5 star lodge
- Experience in dealing with high end clientele
- Financial and HR experience a plus
Which qualifications will secure this position?
- Relevant Hospitality Management Qualification
- Driver’s License
What skills / behaviours are required?
- Prepared to work long hours; energetic and self motivated
- Guest Orientated; warm and friendly
- Passion for the bush
- Well spoken and presented
- Ambitious and hospitable
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
Why should you apply for this position?
Join a prestigious hospitality group on a contract basis and work with high end local and international guests. Work closely with staff in providing world class, personalised service whilst developing your experience at the same time.
Position Reports to: General Manager
Please ensure that you provide the following information with your application:
- Photograph – Head and shoulders picture, in low resolution format for our database
- Start and End dates for all previous employment
- Written references that you have available
- Current contact telephone numbers and email addresses for all previous employers, for referencing purposes.
Due to high volumes of CV’s received, should you not hear from us within seven working days of sending your application, please consider your application for this particular position unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply for any other positions that we may advertise in future.
Please note that we are not able to accept any application if a valid work permit is not held.