Contracts Manager - Centurion
Centurion, as a base but most work are currently being done in Mpumalanga
Type of Business:
A listed company
R55000 to 75000 (depending on experience/qualification)
R7820.00 (fixed, or if more than 2000 business km, then variable rate/km)
Coy Contribution to Pension Fund:
10% of basic salary
Coy Contribution to Medical Aid:
Limited to 50% of Discovery Classic Saver option
R125 per night + PC, Cell Phone etc.
- 15 + years experience in the road construction industry.
- South African citizen
- Preferably qualified – Diploma/Degree in Civil Engineering
- Registered with ECSA or SACPCMP a must
- Computer Literacy required in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure contract profitability.
- Oversee Budgeting and Forecasting
- Assist Senior QS with monthly cost report
- Ensure that monthly payment applications are submitted on time
- Finalisation of the contract programme/s and adherence to the programme/s
- Ensure that short-term programmes are produced, in line with the allowables.
- Ensure that plant, labour and materials are ordered and delivered to the site to meet requirements of the budget and programme and control and monitor sub-contractors.
- Monitor the progress against the programme through weekly production and cost meetings with all relevant members of staff
- Liaise with Site Agent, General Foreman and Foreman regarding production requirements in line with priorities, including Site Engineer
- Monitor production and allowable targets and initiate corrective action where these are not being met, in conjunction with the Contract Manager.
- In conjunction with the Q.S. ensure application of all aspects of the contract documents and ensure that all records are adequately kept and submitted in time.
- Safeguard at all times the company’s contractual rights and comply with contractual obligations.
- Identify and notify claims adequately and in time.
- Ensure compliance with the Operating Company’s Quality Management Manual
- Analyze non-conformances and initiate corrective action including communication of all non-conformances with relevant personnel.
- Ensure adherence to group policies and procedures
- Ensure that administration function is properly executed e.g. Stores and material control and Payment of creditors and sub-contractors.
- Maintain harmonious industrial relations with all employees by ensuring that company policies are correctly applied in all respects and at all times.
- Ensure correct compliance to all statutory regulations, e.g. Safety regulations and Employment regulations
Health & Safety
- Adherence to: all applicable health and safety legislation and site rules.
- Inspection of PPE, implementation of method statements and assisting in the carrying out of risk assessments.