Corporate Finance Manager - Pretoria
Division Head Office
Location Head Office – Pretoria
Purpose statement The Corporate Finance Manager is responsible for identifying and securing merger and acquisition deals, and managing those mergers and acquisitions deals until they have been integrated into the Group.
Position in the Reports to: Group CFO
1. Engages management to understand the business needs in order to identify suitable targets to meet strategic goals.
2. Liaises with regulators and other stakeholders.
1. Identify targets, from internal and external sources, to complement and enable the EFG strategy, in line with the Investment Filter and
Corporate Governance Framework.
2. Research potential targets and evaluate risk and benefits of proposed transactions.
3. Conduct valuations.
4. Prepare financial models to evaluate different scenarios.
5. Provide advice on the optimal acquisition structure and pricing.
6. Performing and/or overseeing due diligent investigations.
7. Prepare investment case for approval of transactions by the GMB, Business Development Committee and the Board.
8. Implement successful transactions. The implementation includes the hand- over of the target to legal, company secretarial, compliance, finance and operations.
9. Project management of all transactions.
10. Representing EFG on the boards of equity accounted investments and manage these investments in terms of the strategy in line with the Levels of Authority.
11. Report to GMB and Business Development Committee on the performance of investments.
12. Responsible for post-deal administration i.e.. earn-outs.
13. Researching market conditions and developments.
Job Evaluation Criteria
Minimum of 5 years’ Merger and Acquisition experience and have proven record of evaluating, concluding, implementing and monitoring of mergers and acquisitions.
Knowledge and Skills
- Detailed and technical knowledge of legislative requirements.
- Strong negotiation and selling skills.
- Strong command of MS Office.
- Management and leadership skills.
- Highly organized.
- Good planning and execution.
- Process Driven.
- Ability to apply facts to the rules and regulations.
- Attention to detail.
- Have a practical, flexible and hands-on approach towards your work.
- Strong communication, reporting and presentation skills.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.