Cost Accountant - Port Elizabeth
Salary: R25-30K+ Benefits
Please Submit: Updated MS Word CV; RFL ALL Employment History Incl Current; Current Salary P/M
Purpose of Position:
Complement Recruitment are searching for a Cost Accountant from the Motor industry. The Accountant is responsible for the ongoing analysis of process constraints, target costing projects, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities. The cost accountant must also construct and monitor those cost-effective data accumulation systems needed to provide an appropriate level of costing information to management.
• Based in Port Elizabeth with 3 Years Automotive/Motor industry experience in a similar role
• Matric; Diploma in Cost Accounting;
• Non-Negotiable - Must have a Tertiary Qualification – With Cost Accounting as a Major subject.
• Must have Factory Costing experience.
• Must have SAP systems and SAP costing experience.
• Must have good Fixed Asset control history.
• Must have enough experience to be able to Prioritize work, Problem solve and make effective decisions.
• Good communication Skills – able to communicate at all levels.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned within financial department.
• GL account control (PE),
• New credit facility account approval procedure control & exist credit status review, keep all the credit application with vendors.
• Expenses control
• Cash account control
• Inventory Control
• Processing Landed Costs
• Processing of Accounts Payable invoice for Batch Purchase Order Imports
• Processing CKD in transit to CKD arrival
• Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts
• Investigate cycle counting variance and resolve issues
• Update standard costs in the bill of materials
• Review standard and actual cost for inaccuracies
• Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close
• Accumulate and apply overhead cost as required by generally accepted accounting principles
• Work with the materials review board to locate the dispose of obsolete inventor
• Fixed Assets control
• Vehicle model full function control
• Construct data accumulation system for a cost accounting system
• Create and review the controls needed for data accumulation and reporting system
• Prepare monthly following report and submit to Financial Manager
• Cash flow reporting
• Creditors’ Age analysis reporting
• Inventory Reporting
• Fixed Assets Reporting
• Cash Reconciliation Reporting
• Reviewing prepared payments
• Releasing bank payments
• Monthly Budget Report & Monthly Budget VS Actual Report (25th of every month)
• Analysis Function
• Conduct ongoing process constraint analysis
• Report on breakeven point by production, work centers, and PE factory
• Report on margins by production and division
• Report on periodic variances and their causes, focusing in particular on spending variances,
• Analyze capital budgeting request
• Perform cost accumulation task as a member of the target costing group
• Assisting Financial Manager with GL account maintenance
• Assisting Financial Manager to prepare the Yearly Budget,
• Assisting Financial Manager with Logistic related work at PE plant,
• Prepare management report as per requirement
• Work need to be done according to the time table strictly, and work performing assessment will be done by Financial Manager.