Database Administrator (dba) - Cpt - Cape Town
A talented DBA is required for a great company in the Cape Town CBD area.
• Relevant IT Degree or qualification
• 3 + years’ experience as Production DBA
• 3+ years of experience on writing Linux shell scripts, perl scripts etc.
• Hands-on production DBA skills, deep technical expertise with MySQL and Percona Server.
Strong knowledge of:
• Workflow engines and creating traceability of data through multiple systems.
• database reporting systems, especially Jaspersoft
• Experience working in a software development environment
• MySQL backup and recovery strategies.
• MySQL replication.
• query tuning and performance optimization
• MySQL stored procedures and functions
*Please send links or project experience and Skills Matrix and academic transcripts with your profile for better feedback.
*No applications considered after 30th January 2017
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to xxxx@ fax to (XXX)-XXX-XXXX. You can also contact Justine on (XXX)-XXX-XXXX or alternatively visit our website on
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 working days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hire Resolve offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Hire Resolve. Hire Resolve also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential.