Electrical and Instrumentation Technician, Central MaintenanceSalary Negotiable
- Recruiter: CareerAvenue
- Location: Abroad
- Salary: Salary Negotiable
- Sector: Engineering Jobs
- Job Type:
- Date Added: 30 April 2012
- Applications: 0
- AA/EE opportunity?: No
- Benefits: Not Included
Electrical & Instrumentation Technician, Central Maintenance
Contract (renewable) FIFO position in the mining sector in a remote and safe area of the Democratic Rep of the Congo. Single status position (not favourable for wife’s and families to reside there) with a six day working week. Reports to Maintenance Manager.
- Be in possession of Electrical Technician certificate from an approved facility.
- Qualified Electrical Technician with Technical knowledge and experience in performing maintenance for all Electrical and Instrumentation equipment on ball and cascade mills and drive motors, Mill discharge pumping and concentrate pumps, Flotation plant, Electrical Reticulation (HT and LT), Compressors, Conveyors and Crushing plant
- Adherence to Engineering specifications and standards to assist with the proper application of specifications and standards to ensure that equipment meets requirements in terms of availability, quality and maintainability.
- Computer literate in MS Office
- Strong engineering maintenance experience in above mentioned areas with a strong focus to prevent downtime.
OTHER ESSENTIAL ITEMS REQUIRED:
- Good leadership skills as well as the ability to teach national staff
- Engineering Project execution skills will be advantageous
- Good communication skills and the ability to interface with senior and lower management across all disciplines and departments.
- Fit and healthy for working in dusty environment
- English Speaking/French beneficial
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS:
- Annual salary up to US$110,000 (tax free plus benefits), depending on skills and experience.
- Benefits: Bonus potential; Travel allowance; Accommodation and meals provided; 84 days annual leave (on a roster base); Medical; Group Benefits Scheme, etc