Email Communications Technical Specialist - Cape Town
Are you a multi-faceted communications expert looking for an opportunity? Are you a strategic thinker ready to use your technical skills to add value to our business? Do MX records, domains, delivery statuses and live monitoring excite you? Then this position is for you!
Join our vibrant team at DigiOutsource as our Communications Technical Specialist in our Bulk Communications department and help us take our communication strategy to the next level.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
• Responsible for developing, implementing, and managing an enterprise email marketing program and collaborating with team members to
enhance email marketing strategies
• Manage email marketing process – HTML template management, list management and data pulls, set-up, testing, execution, reporting, and
• Leverages historical campaign results to guide future email messages and implements segmentation and behavioral marketing messages
based on past email performance and marketing objectives
• Understands email marketing projects from a technical point of view - serves as the main point of contact for data integration for multiple
platforms and systems ensuring integrated program management and optimal use of third party programs and partnerships
• Manages and develops email testing roadmap - continually optimizes, analyzes and makes recommendations on improving email
performance to include the following core metrics: open rate, CTR, engagement, etc.
• Responsible for the development, implementation, and reporting of email campaign performance and overall effectiveness
• Analyzes email campaign results and reports campaign performance, summarizes key insights, and offers recommendations
• Partners with marketing and graphic design team(s) to create email creative materials, communication templates, content, promotions, and
• Stays current with best practices, strategies, and industry standards related to email - ensures best practices through email compliance and
spam regulation (CAN/SPAM) and shares email program insights and recommendations with marketing managers and colleagues
• Recommends updates from both an infrastructure and provider perspective if and when need be and liaises with appropriate business
parties to get buy in and facilitate integration
• Coordinate and monitor the maintenance, integrity, and security of several databases
• Responsible for the mentorship and development of the team’s technical skills
• A minimum of four years’ experience in product marketing/email marketing
• Knowledge and ability to use ExactTarget, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Knowledge/understanding of responsive design
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven track record of achievements in dramatically improving email marketing performance against both delivery and revenue targets
• Proven track record of achievements in dramatically improving email and SMS marketing performance against both delivery and revenue
• A background in Information Technology
• Adept at HTML and CSS coding for emails
• Good understanding of Databases, Database Concepts, SQL and Segmentation
• Knowledge and experience in other social media platforms and additional marketing channels
• Ability to troubleshoot
• Ability and desire to learn quickly
• Ability to multi task
• Ability to analyze data issues and produce working solutions
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and work independently
• Highly analytical and structured thinking
• A team-oriented mindset and the ability to work with a wide range of individuals
This position requires trust and honesty as it has access to financial details - therefore a credit and criminal record check will be conducted.
The qualifications identified herein are an inherent job requirement, therefore a qualification verification check will be done.
By applying for this role, and supplying the necessary details, you hereby grant us permission to apply for these checks. This will be done in a confidential manner, and solely for the purposes of verification.