Embedded Software Team Leader - Pretoria
Embedded Software Team Leader, Pta-east, R neg.
Please attach your full academic record together with your CV when applying for this position.
- B.Eng Computer Engineering or B.Sc Computer Science.
- 5 > 12 years applicable experience.
- Analysis and management of non-functional software requirements.
- Embedded software architecture definition and design.
- Software technology selection and architecture evaluation.
- Excellent C++ knowledge and development experience.
- Excellent embedded Linux knowledge and development experience.
- Experience with GTK / QT graphics development.
- Experience in software design development and testing.
- Interpersonal communication.
- Coaching and mentoring software developers.
- Software quality assurance processes.
- Communication protocols.
- Principles of secure systems.
- The position comprises of development of a core messaging and security software framework / architecture for a ruggedized PDA using a Linux OS:
- Collaboration with the members of the existing software team in review and analysis of present software functional and non-functional (architectural) requirements.
- Collaboration with the members of the existing software team in definition / design / and implementation of a new architecture.
- Collaboration with the members of the existing software team in technology selection and architecture evaluation.
- Leadership of a software development team to re-implement the PDA’s existing functionality on the new architecture.
Credit, criminal, qualification and employment history checks are a pre-requisite for this position.
Should you not be contacted within 10 days please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please note that correspondence will be entered into with short-listed candidates only.