Exec Lodge Operations Manager - Grahamstown
Top High End 5* Game Lodge - Eastern Cape.
South African Citizen.
Formal hospitality/hotel/business management diploma and / or
Min of 8-10 years management experience in hospitality industry, preferably with
a background knowledge of general management a corporate 5* hotel/lodge or
Min 5 years managerial experience in a similar position.
Key Performance Areas of this position include:
Develop policies, processes and standards to ensure effective, high-quality lodge experiences are provided to guests
Provide direction, oversight and guidance to lodge teams in terms of guest service and standards
Develop a company wide annual plan for the overall lodge experience and guest service.
Responsible for developing effective par-stock levels with the exec F&B manager for F&B, housekeeping, cleaning, guest supplies, spa and operational stock and compare to set budgets
Facilitate communication and collaboration of leadership teams across the organisation
Monitor guest feedback and take corrective action
Promote and maintain compliance and awareness of labour, health & safety and security issues in accordance with applicable legislation and best practise
Focus on guest experience by spending time on the floor at each lodges and leading by example
Prepare lodge operational budgets, including capex, and monitor stock controls to continually improve financial performance
Manage and facilitate a monthly financial and performance review for each individual lodge and identify relevant interventions to manage food cost and stock controls and drive revenues
- Must be fully computer literate including excel (advanced knowledge)
- Must co-ordinate, motivate and lead multiple senior teams
- Must be able to liaise directly with top management and influence their decisions
- Must have an excellent background knowledge of the corporate safari lodge industry
- Must have good public relations skills at all levels internally and externally
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English (other languages advantageous)
- Must be service orientated and have a high level of integrity
- Emotionally stable even when under pressure in challenging and stressful circumstances
- Embrace and model the organisations values and culture
- Driver’s license required
Salary highly negotiable - above market related.