Export Sales Engineer – Cape Town - Cape Town
In this role you would obtain and process orders to meet company targets for retention, growth and profitability.
Required Minimum Qualifications/Training:
Diploma in Electrical (Heavy Current) or Mechanical Engineering.
Sales & Marketing diploma an advantage. Working knowledge of the export process.
Required Minimum Work Experience:
Technical and sales experience in a manufacturing environment. Transformer knowledge an advantage. Further formal/informal training would be encouraged in order to perform in the position.
Key Performance Ares:
• Scrutinises requests for quotation to assess whether the product is in Client’s range.
• Compiles costing/pricing with agreed minimum margins.
• Compiles tender document in accordance with customers’ requirements and company norms and standards.
• Obtains orders with good margins.
• Provides information to Credit Controller who assesses customers’ credit worthiness and/or alternative payment arrangements.
• Customer problem resolution (CCRP).
• Ensure the on time delivery of products and services.
• Generates the following reports.
• Tender Opening prices.
• Customer complaints.
• Loads information on the Tender database and Hot Projects List regarding progress/status of tenders/quotes on a weekly basis.
• Updates the Customer Request dates in Syspro on a weekly basis.
• Assesses orders for profitability and compliance with quotation.
• Issues documentation to customers and follows up on approvals from customers.
• Provides accurate information of the customer’s specification to the engineering department.
• Loads orders on to Syspro Sales Order module.
• Scrutinises Letters of Credit and other payment instruments for compliance and liaises with the confirming bank.
• Completes shipping documents
• Complies with all aspects of Safety, Health, Environment & Quality (SHEQ).