Finance Manager - Johannesburg
Reports To: General Manager, South Africa
Dotted Line Reporting To: Finance Director, Middle East & Africa
Location: Sandton, South Africa
Purpose of Role
This role will be a co-pilot to the General Manager; providing financial leadership and decision support to and partnering with the Leadership Team to achieve profitable growth. The core purpose of the role is enable the business to create, develop and deliver the strategic and operating targets in terms of Growth, Earnings, ROTA and Cash by providing expert financial and sound analytical advice.
• General Accounting & Reporting
• Treasury Management
• Financial Planning, Forecasting & Monitoring
• Business Planning & Development
• Corporate Governance
• People Management
Key Functional Competencies
• Financial Control: Ability to implement effective Internal Control Framework and implement compensating controls when necessary.
• Accounting: GAAP, General reporting including BS & P&L.
• Financial Analysis & Insights: Management of systems and processes to produce quality financial information & application of analytical techniques.
• Financial Shaping & Decision Making: Ability to define and steer the company to deliver agreed financial shape.
Key Leadership Competencies
• Strategic Agility
• Business Acumen
• Stand Alone
• Decision Quality
• Building Effective Teams
• Developing Direct Reports
Qualifications & Other Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or equivalent
• Minimum 6 years relevant experience
• CMA/CPA or equivalent
• Proficient in Excel. Word & PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of SAP R/3