Freelance Print Project Manager - Cape Town
Responsible for project management of production processes on local and international accounts from brief to final production.
• Daily project management functions and liaison with internal departments, clients and agency.
• Ensure all assigned projects are produced to high quality standards, are delivered on time, within the agreed budget and are profitable.
• Draw up all relevant documentation i.e. quotes, budgets, cost estimates, project plans with time lines, schedules and priority lists, job bags and
• General reporting, administration and financial admin duties.
• Maintain up to date Campaign Finance: quotes, cost estimates, budget control, cost tracking, POs, billing instructions etc.
• Follow the correct budget approval processes and stay abreast of changes to internal accounting processes/procedures.
• Escalate issues to the Head of Operations as and when required.
• Review briefs: obtain clarity where necessary and ensure that all supporting documentation and assets are supplied.
• Ensure all supplied assets are checked against the relevant QC standards.
• Ensure jobs are scoped correctly and accurately and clarify exact requirements upfront during pre-production to ensure accurate budgeting.
• Develop effective campaign schedules.
• Set realistic timelines and manage client expectations.
• Manage and monitor deadlines: where possible stay ahead of schedules and allow for sufficient time to accommodate for unforeseen
changes/obstacles. Advise all affected parties of any changes to schedules and deadliness.
• Pre-empt schedule delays by proactively identifying and addressing potential obstacles to on-time delivery.
• Effective troubleshooting and efficient root-cause analysis.
Competencies, skills and knowledge applied:
• Proven technical and professional skills within the print production environment
• IT literate including spreadsheets
• Numerically sound
• Accurate record-keeping
• Excellent ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently and effectively
• Highly organised, detail oriented and accurate
• Decision-making ability
• Responsible with high levels of accountability
• Ability to keep calm and exercise sound judgement under pressure
• Multiple stakeholder management
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Clear understanding of international brand challenges
• Well-developed interpersonal skills
• Ability to foster collaboration across the board spanning multiple organisations
• Flexible with regards to working hours