Graduate Engineer - East London
31st August 2012
Type of Business:
A leader in Africa with global reach, my client is a multi-disciplinary engineering and science company whose dynamic solutions to the continent’s unique challenges have contributed to an unprecedented record of technological excellence. They are currently recruiting for a Graduate Engineer to join their team.
CORE PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Assist in the design and implementation of road projects.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Preparation of technical proposals.
• Prepare cost estimates.
• Assist with preparation of design reports.
• Assist Project Leader to establish and monitor programmes, time and cost budgets and deadlines for all projects.
• Prepare tender documentation for approval by the Project Leader.
• Quality Management:
• Preparation and maintenance of a project quality file, conforming to minimum content standards set by the COO and QMS. Ensure that phase/task/project specific quality plans, processed and procedures are implemented. Ensure that product quality meets the client's requirements and expectations.
• Undertake planning and design work as well as construction supervision.
• B Eng / BSc Eng or B Tech Civil Engineering
• 1 - 3 years post graduation experience in road pavement design
• 1 - 3 years geometric design of roads
• Strong verbal and communication skills
• Analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Computer Literate
• Attention to detail
• Sound judgement and decision making skills
• Customer focus
• Team player
• Good interpersonal skills at all staff levels
Depending on South African permanent residence, the position could be offered on permanent or fixed term contract basis.