Group Accountant: Financial Reporting - Bellville
Western Cape (Northern Suburbs)
• Assist in preparing annual financial statements and interim results.
• Assist in preparing monthly management reporting to EXCO.
• Assist in preparing annual Group budget.
• Trial balance controls / Reconciliation accounts.
• Preparation of subsidiary financial statements and management of audit process.
• Assist with ad hoc tasks/projects.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
• Qualified Chartered Accountant (South Africa)
• 1 - 2 years (minimum) in an accounting/financial environment
• Completion of CA training contract (financial services experience preferably)
• Familiar with foreign exchange calculations and translations.
• Experience in consolidations, including an understanding of intergroup eliminations.
• Experience in data query analysis
• Experience in using financial reporting systems (Walker/Essbase/Hyperion Financial Management)
• Must have knowledge of advance accounting principles and financial reports
• Knowledge of consolidation and accounting processes and procedures will be to your advantage.
• Excellent computer skills with a working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Familiarity with SmartView and Essbase Add-In tools for planning and reporting
• Analyse operating efficiencies
• Budget management and forecasting
• Capital expenditure management
• Cash flow monitoring and management
• Prepare and interpret management information