GROUP AND EVENTS MANAGER - Cape Town
R 27 000+ BENEFITS
International Hotel Group is recruiting for a Groups & Events Manager to join their team
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• To manage the day to day functioning of the G&E Coordinators & Administrator and the efficient running of the office.
• To ensure that all G&E Coordinators & Administrator are knowledgeable on all aspects relating to the hotel room configuration and banqueting operation and services available; menu options, beverage knowledge, wine lists, function room layout, hotel room layout etc.
• To monitor the service quality level presented by the coordination staff to clients; to maintain a consistent level of service at all times.
• To ensure that all details pertaining to Groups or Event functions e.g client files, contract and confirmation letters are accurate, recorded and relevant parties are kept up to date as required.
• To ensure that function sheets are compiled and distributed timeously by the department on a weekly basis and that any changes are recorded on change sheets and distributed to the relevant parties.
• To ensure representation from department attends weekly Banqueting forecast meetings to discuss functions in greater detail with relevant parties and to provide answers to any areas of concern.
• To attend weekly Groups meetings to ensure sufficient follow up and information shared with Sales team.
• Conduct in-house site inspections, as and when required, that result in profitable bookings.
• Maintain close working relationships with all other departments in the hotel; keeping them updated and involved in all details of upcoming functions and groups.
• Roster staff ensuring sufficient coverage, including public holidays and weekends where needed.
• Manage and control the On-Track system on a daily basis.
• To provide the Sales staff with assistance when required, by meeting with clients and organising inspections of the various banqueting venues available and to supply them with any information that they may request.
• Prepare and submit on weekly basis, a report detailing forecast vs actual results vs budget and reasons for any variance to budget/forecast.
• Ensuring Accounts receive monthly supplier invoices timeously.
• Follow up daily on PM's and accounts outstanding.
Required Qualifications & Experience
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience within a Banqueting, Groups reservations or Sales department.
• Previous management experience is essential.
• Previous sales experience advantageous.
• Excellent organisational, analytical and administrative skills.
• The ability to forecast and write accurate reports.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work without supervision.