Start Date: ASAP
Area: Limpopo; Waterberg
This up-market property in the Limpopo Province is looking for a reliable and outgoing Head Ranger to lead their guiding team. Overlooking the Waterberg Mountains, the lodge comprises of 15 luxury tented suites, and offers weddings and conferencing.
What are the key responsibilities of the position?
- Game drives
- Bush walks
- Hosting guests
- Manage the guiding team
- Delegate tasks and manage discipline issues
What type of experience do we require?
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position
- Able to prove an outstanding track record in a five star environment
- Experience dealing with discerning guests
Which qualifications will secure this position?
- Minimum FGASA Level 2
- Deat and Theta registered
- Code 08
- Code 10 would be an advantage
What skills / behaviours are required?
- Strong leadership abilities
- Strength of character to deal with difficult situations
- Passion for the bush
- Excellent communication skills
- Innovative and able to take initiative
- Solid, hardworking team player
- Assertiveness, patience and good organizational skills
- Ability to pass on knowledge and willingness to teach
Why should you apply for this position?
- Award winning, five star luxury
- Intimate lodge environment with excellent track record
Position Reports to: Lodge Manager
Please ensure that you provide the following information with your application:
- Photograph – Head and shoulders picture, in low resolution format for our database
- Start and End dates for all previous employment
- Written references that you have available
- Current contact telephone numbers and email addresses for all previous employers, for referencing purposes.
Due to high volumes of CV’s received, should you not hear from us within seven working days of sending your application, please consider your application for this particular position unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply for any other positions that we may advertise in future.
Please note that we are not able to accept any application if a valid work permit is not held.