HR Manager - Pietermaritzburg
- Plan, develop and implement strategy for HR Management and development (including recruitment and selection policy/practices, discipline, grievance, counselling, pay and conditions, contracts, training and development, succession planning, morale and motivation, culture development, performance appraisals and quality management issues);
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of HR development;
- Monitor, measure and report on HR issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales;
- Manage and control expenditure within agreed budgets;
- Liaise with managers to understand all necessary aspects and needs of HR development, and to ensure they are fully informed of HR objectives, purposes and achievements;
- Contribute to the evaluation and development of HR strategy and performance in co-operation with the executive team;
- Ensure activities meet and integrate with organizational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care;
- Develop self and maintain knowledge in relevant field at all times;
- Assist with overall recruitment as approved by CEO.
- MS Office knowledge - High degree of competency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Labour Relations
- Change Management
- Integrity, honesty and confidentiality.
- Attention to detail.
- Contribution to team success, actively participating as a member of a team to move the team towards the completion of goals.
- Ability to work to a tight deadline.
- Articulate, organized, able to cope under pressure and to perform multiple tasks.
Qualifications: Degree or higher Diploma in Human Resources Management.
Experience: At least 5 years’ experience in the HR environment of which preferably 2 years have been in a HR Management / Consulting role.