Human Resources Manager - Cape Town
Location: Cape Town, South Africa.
Type of contract: full-time.
The incumbent will assist with the following tasks (including but not limited to):
• Prepare and process monthly payroll on Pastel for about 220 employees;
• Responsible for all employees files and contracts, PAYE, EMP 201 501 declarations, IRP5;
• Liaise with our medical scheme and RA companies to check debit orders and payroll deductions;
• Produce monthly salary journals;
• Process and manage all leaves;
• Assist employees with their payroll and medical aid schemes from time to time, as well as other requests and enquiries;
• Assist management with performance review, conduct disciplinary hearings and interviews;
• Represent the company at CCMA;
• Ensure all company regulations and policies are up to date, implemented and followed;
• In charge of recruitment and induction process;
• In charge of office health and safety;
• Relationship and management of WCA claims;
• Manage the canteen and transport;
• Reconcile and maintain relationship with medical insurance and pension fund services;
• Maintain presence and attendance lists;
• Responsible for EasyFile and E-filing registrations;
• Assist with UIF employees’ registration, claims;
• Considered a plus being able to perform clerical functions incidental to accounting activities;
• Regularly monitor the accuracy and completeness of major office work within the company;
• Respond to service requests and manage external vendors/suppliers and technicians;
• Ensure the provision of general office systems and supplies. Ex: stationary, equipment, kitchen accessories, sanitary supplies etc.
• Supervise domestic staff;
• Ensure all domestic workers’ duties are carried out within the business;
• Preparation and submission of purchase orders and payment requests.
• At least High School diploma or equivalent;
• Minimum 5 years of professional experience in a similar position;
• Fully proficient in Pastel Payroll;
• Must be computer literate (good knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet usage);
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills;
• Sound managerial skills;
• Excellent negotiation and people skills;
• Ability to work under strict deadlines and prioritize tasks in an accounting background;
• Must be resourceful, flexible and detail-oriented.
Communication with key members:
• Directors of Tray International;
• External suppliers and vendors.
Salary: Salary package is commensurate with experience and academic strengths.