Implementation Specialist Mining IT - JohannesburgSalary Negotiable
- Recruiter: Progressive International
- Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
- Salary: Salary Negotiable
- Sector: IT & Telecoms Jobs
- Job Type: Permanent
- Date Added: 17 May 2012
- Applications: 0
- AA/EE opportunity?: No
- Benefits: Not Included
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive field experience with mining IT implementations.
- Strategic implementations for both ‘Green sites’ and ‘Brown sites’.
- Worked with and implemented leading IT solutions in the mining space
- Worked and implemented leading IT solutions that support mining systems, e.g. geological management, metals accounting, plant management, tailings management, etc.
- Good project management skills and experience.
- Bilingual abilities, written and spoken English a essential, strong advantage to have Purtuguese or Spannish capabilities
An implementation specialist with extensive experience in the mining industry to co-ordinate and oversee implementation and support of mining applications.
The successful applicant would be responsible for ensureing that the IT systems are well implemented and business requirements are met . Will act as an engagement point between the operations and IT, operating under a scope provided by the Global Head of Mining Information Systems.
The accountabilities include engagement, requirements definition, continuous improvement, training and embedding actions across the full scope of applications used in Mining operations. Where gaps exist this person would identify and co-ordinate implementation (via consultancy or staff) solutions to meet the business need.
Post implementation support activities will also be covered by this role. Support covers vendor management and also operational usage and adoption activities to ensure the full value is derived from Mining IT solutions provided.
- Ensuring day today requirements from project team members and mining operational management were gathered and via a continual improvement process addressed.
- Assist operations to document and implement operational requirements for improvements or changes required for business and technical systems
- Extract value for money from the IT investments. Taking actions that optimize short and long term operational performance
- Facilitate the implementation of common business processes, data and key performance indicators across all mining operations
- Communicating with all Internal and External Stakeholders on issues relevant to the IT applications, keeping business unit stakeholders informed on key work.