Financial Services Business Manager - East London
Location: East London
Salesforce Recruitment is proud to assist our client, a respected National Financial Services Giant to employ the services of a experienced Financial Services Business Manager.
Our Client is dedicated to supporting, growing and empowering clients with affordable, easy and suitable solutions, primarily through face-to-face intermediary channels, but also directly.
We have approximately 2,000 tied advisers and 2,000 supporting independent brokers, all dedicated to meet the financial needs of our clients.
Our vision: We aspire to be the best at building enduring relationships by connecting clients and intermediaries. We create sustainable value by attracting new clients, supporting ongoing client engagement and providing adaptive solutions designed to answer life’s financial questions. ULTIMATELY WE GROW AND PROTECT WEALTH.
What will you do?
This is a management role within the regional (geographical) distribution structure reporting to the Regional General Manager. The role has a strong tactical focus with some strategic contribution. This role forms part of and contributes to the regional MANCO. The role is primarily responsible to drive sales and grow market share in the region through intermediary teams managed by Sales Consultants and Sales Managers (FA) and Team Leaders (BD). The Business Manager in this area will typically operate in a Hybrid Role which in essence will entail all or more than one distribution channels housed as Financial Advisers, Broker Distribution, Key Solutions and/or Enterprise Development
Output/Core Tasks - The expectations of the role is to:
• Serve on Regional MANCO and contribute to Regional Sales Strategy
• Translate regional strategy into tactical and operational sales goals
• Drive and support marketing and business building initiatives
• Set and drive sales and manpower targets
• Manage expenses
• Manage operational effectiveness
• Manage and develop staff
What will make you successful in this role?
Qualification & experience
• Extensive Financial Services experience in a marketing/sales environment
• Sales and Operational Management/leadership of a unit
• Management Diploma
• Commercial/Financial or business related diploma/degree
• CFP/RFP3 or equivalent (i.e.: 120 credits)
Knowledge and skills
To be successful you will need to demonstrate good experience in:
• MS: Office (Excel, Word, PP)
• Web based platform tool/site
• Advisor tools
• E2 financials
• Financial Services Industry Knowledge
• Specialised knowledge within different channels (SFA, SKS, SBD or Entities)
• Financial Services Product Knowledge
• Legal technical Knowledge (product related)
• New and Existing business processes
• Advisor contracts and remuneration
• Broker and/or Advisor contracts
• Sales and related administration processes
• Leads management and campaigns/competitions)
• Leadership and Management skills to manage staff
• Budgets and expense management (including profitability and VNB)
• Debt management
• Relevant regulatory legislation and compliance knowledge (FAIS accredited)
• Different distribution models and value propositions
• Sound Business Acumen
• Sales and Goal Orientated
• People Developer (coaching)
• Networking and Relationship Builder
• Structured and good planning abilities
• Ability to motivate and build a team
• Strong administrative and operational skills and knowledge
• Socially confident and skilled to communicate well with staff and clients alike
• Ability to solve problems and work with complexity
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
Our aim is to help you build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business as the Group Office, the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.