IT Communications Lead - Johannesburg
Our client is undergoing a transformation and commences its journey to execute its business strategy, Group IT has been identified as a key enabler.
To effectively support the group and numerous businesses moving forward, IT will itself need to radically evolve into a strategic business partner that delivers focused and commercially responsible strategic technology solutions with a significantly greater level of maturity.
The objectives of this role:
• Works in the IT Project Delivery Office and supports the IT leadership team with the development and execution of the IT communication strategy which aligns and supports the IT and business strategies.
• Support Group IT changes to systems and business processes across project portfolios with communication initiatives to fully deliver the anticipated benefits.
• Serves as a consultant to the IT leadership team on all issues related to the marketing of IT to the business, communication planning and program implementation.
• Develops communication guidelines within the IT organisation to include channels, tools, templates and processes.
• Uses a multitude of means to collect feedback on user preferences for communication tools and channels.
• Implements and enhances communication programs based on user preferences and feedback.
• Works with the relevant teams within IT and the organisation to ensure compliance with enterprise wide standards and Corporate Identity guidelines
• Identifies audiences and appropriate communication channels and vehicles for specific communication needs.
• Develop and manage project portfolio communication strategies in accordance with the Group IT change management approach
• Communicates new initiatives, addresses questions and concerns and provides continuous feedback to the Executive Change Management Support.
• Develop content for communication deliverables as identified in communication plans.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Solid writing, verbal, editing, presentation, and overall communication skills
• Ability to deliver key messages in a format and style that is audience appropriate
• Customer service experience; the ability to remain flexible and adaptable to meet the demands of internal clients and demonstrate enthusiasm and passion for their business
• A talent for creative thinking and problem solving
• Ability to follow critical business processes to ensure quality and timely execution of initiatives
• Ability to maintain high performance under extreme pressure in a fast-paced environment
Professional Qualification Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or other related field
• Typically has 5 to 7 years of business or communications experience and working knowledge of communications, collaboration and graphics tools.
• Experience of working in an IT environment.
• Experience within a consulting environment would be an advantage
• Knowledge of the retail business and the criticality of processes supported by technology to facilitate the assignment of priorities for problems