IT Network Security Engineer - Sandton
Our client a leading IT outsourcing organisation are in need of the services of an experienced, reliable and professional IT Network Security Engineer. The successful candidate must have reliable own transport as on-site travel is required from time to time and will have to be available to do after hour support and standby as well as work different shifts.
Preferably 2 years previous experience in a similar role. Excellent career prospects for the successful candidate at this forward thinking and dynamic organisation.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience – Helpdesk / Desktop Support
• Ability to troubleshoot connectivity issues using basic commands such as ping, tracert, etc.
• Demonstrate the ability to analyze information, log files, events and alerts.
• Ability to research and solve problems / challenges on a day to day basis and to think outside the box
• Must be able to adapt to change (Infrastructure and Environment)
• Microsoft Office – Word/Excel/Power Point
• Knowledge of Networking and routing
• Knowledge relating to Firewalling – Firewalls, services / protocols, IPS/IDS
• Knowledge in area of VPN – concepts such as IPsec, GRE tunneling
• Knowledge regarding Antivirus Solutions and the concepts related to these solutions
• End Point solutions – encryption, etc.
• SMTP/Email, SPAM, whitelisting, blacklisting, phishing and data loss prevention
• Internet Access, controls, proxies
• A+ & N+
• Security+ (or any other security related certification)
• Higher National Diploma in Technology
• Grade 12/ Matric
• MCITP or MSCE (Beneficial)
• Higher National Diploma in Technology (nice to have but is not essential)