Junior Graphic Designer - Cape Town
CTN – Southern Suburbs
Cosmetics Manufacturing Sector
A dynamic Cosmetics Manufacturing Company seeks a suitably qualified /experienced Junior Packaging Graphic Designer to join their team.
The successful candidate will have a keen eye for detail and provide a support function to the Marketing Manager.
START DATE: ASAP
SALARY: R18K CTC P/M Depending on level of experience)
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND ROLE OUTPUT:
• Grade 12
• Relevant Marketing / Graphic Design Qualification
• Experience in Graphic Design in a manufacturing / packaging environment advantageous.
• Attention to detail and able to work on multiple design projects running concurrently – whcih includes (but are not limited to) toiletry / cosmetic ranges, flyers, adverts, posters and the like as well as social media designs for Facebook header images and Instagram posts.
• Daily tasks include (but are not limited to) liaising with printers and suppliers for quotes, whilst following up on and assisting with artwork proofs.
• Must be computer literate and able to operate the following programs:
o Adobe InDesign
o Adobe Illustrator
o Adobe Photoshop
o Adobe Acrobat
o The artists work on Apple Macs
• Excellent communication skills – strong team player and able to take instruction and critical appraisal without conflict
• Take ownership of position, show initiative – hand in hand with creative ability
• Self-disciplined, able to work to tight deadlines
• Fully social media and IT savvy, fully computer literate
• Precise, with meticulous attention to detail
• Good communication skills and ability to network with clients on all levels
• Confident, Unflappable and a strong backbone / ability to excel in challenging environment and deal with demanding clients
• Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Strong ethical character and moral fibre
• Own vehicle and willing to travel to clients and work additional hours to meet with operational requirements when required