Lead Java Developer - Sandton
- Excellent knowledge of programming and problem solving abilities within the JAVA environment.
- Experience in multiple challenging projects within Java, JEE
- The ability to provide the correct solution for the project taking deadline, budget, resource availability and client constraints in to account.
- You will need to have the capabilities of assisting others in the team with their challenges and assisting with the best solutions and provide mentorship to junior developers.
- You will work in a team of developers, liaising with project managers, business analysts and testers working in an Agile software development methodology.
- You will be required to manage and complete tasks within the required time frame and to a very high standard.
- Provides support service when required Constant monitoring and update of production environment
- Identifies and reports trends when appropriate
- Investigates reasons for critical problems
- Updates logging system daily with accurate time and status of current work log for development and incidents
- BSc Degree or equivalent qualification/Java Certification
- Java / JEE development experience
- Design patterns
- Web services
- WebSphere/ Weblogic or any of the likes
- Database knowledge
- Work with little supervision to complete project;
- Possess initiative to address issues and identify opportunities
- The ability to work in a team environment or independently
- A pro-active approach and the ability to work under pressure are necessary
- Leadership Abilities
- Team player and excellent Interpersonal skills
- Self Motivated and Committed
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge Sharing
- Takes pride in work
- Takes responsibility for own learning curve
- Energetic & Passionate