Maintenance and HSE Engineer - Johannesburg
A challenging but exciting position exists for a highly skilled maintenance engineer with suitable qualifications in a well-established pharmaceutical manufacturing company based in Wynberg, Sandton.
Purpose of the job
The position is mainly responsible for
1. Managing Asset Care including preventative maintenance and maintenance spares and store.
2. Managing Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Regulations associated to the Act.
3. Generating and managing Capex and Operational Budgets.
4. Managing Turnkey Projects from design to commissioning.
5. Assisting Production in setting up of equipment and the cleaning and maintenance thereof.
6. Ensuring factory and equipment complies with SAHPRA statuary requirements.
The candidate will optimise the maintenance systems ensure effective maintenance of all equipment. He/she will ensure spares are always available and breakdown of equipment is limited to below the agreed level.
He/she will ensure strict compliance to OH&S and SAHPRA requirements.
Key Performance Area
• Managing all projects assigned within the parameters agreed. Time, Quality, Cost and Stakeholder Satisfaction.
• Ensure equipment is maintained in an acceptable manner and downtime due to breakdowns is restricted to 5% of output.
• No lost time injuries due to non-conformance of OH&S
Knowledge / Skills/ Competencies
• Knowledge of mechanical equipment
• Knowledge of relevant legislation
• Knowledge of all safety and legal requirements
• Knowledge of Pressure vessel equipment and Piping (SANS 329, 347)
• Computer literacy in MS office (Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Projects)
• Minimum 5-7 years’ experience working in a similar position or Industrial manufacturing environment.
• BTech Mechanical Engineering or BSc Engineering
• This position reports to the Head of Operations
• Must be able to obtain a satisfactory medical report from the companies’ medical centre
• May be required to be on standby
• May be required to travel
• Must be in possession of a valid Driver’s Licence
Salary: R650K basic per annum negotiable depending on experience.
All applicants are thanked in advance for showing interest however correspondences will only be entered with the shortlisted candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: R600,000.00 to R650,000.00 /year
• Budget and cost control: 1 year (Required)
• Knowledge of all safety and legal requirements: 5 years (Required)
• Maintenance strategy and inspections: 1 year (Required)
• Manage personnel and assist Head of maintenance: 1 year (Required)
• Managing several types of projects: 1 year (Required)
• Knowledge of Pressure vessel equipment and Piping: 1 year (Required)
• Bachelors (Required)
• B Tech/BSc Mechanical Engineering (Required)
• Driver’s License Code 10 (Required)