Maintenance Supervisor - Pretoria
Major Responsibilities include:
• Plan and manage the day to day allocation of resources (equipment, people, materials and systems) in order to efficiently, safely and cost effectively achieve performance target.
• Coach, mentor and develop team members to meet current and future business requirements.
• Champion and lead change initiatives and continuous improvement efforts, including the pursuit of TPM.
• Utilize and model our beliefs in the execution of daily work activities and decision making.
• Build relationships with frontline team members, internal customers and suppliers, colleagues and support services to ensure achievement of targets.
• Maintaining safe environment and safety practices in all business initiatives.
• Create and maintain a safe and positive work environment.
• Understand and adhere to internal and external regulations, procedures & policies.
• Ensure that a high quality of products, housekeeping and hygiene standards are maintained.
• Review daily achievement of targets and report variances during on-the-floor and off floor review meetings.
• Review daily maintenance effectiveness to identify opportunities for improvement and work with the Technical team to get resolution.
• Ensure the development and implementation of action plans to address root causes of failures and support continuous improvement initiatives.
Key Requirements and Skills:
• Two to five years of experience in a leadership capacity within manufacturing with shift or area ownership required.
• Four year degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; masters if applicable.
• Ability to grow relationships with business partners and to lead, coach and develop employees.
• Effective communication and presentation skills with the ability to lead organizational initiatives and change.
• Time management, delegation and organization skills with strong problem solving ability.
• Continuous improvement or process improvement experience. Green belt or black belt certification preferred.
• Prior experience with TPM a plus.
• PLC experience is a plus.
• Increase in responsibilities over time, reflected in new work assignments, career advancements, and larger scope of work.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Suite applications; SAP experience a plus.
• Grasp of financial factors related to operations performance.
• Understanding of production processes.