Marketing and Technical Manager (Environmental Health and Malaria Control) - Krugersdorp
REPORTS TO MANAGING DIRECTOR
To manage all matters relating to Environmental Health Business (EH) and Malaria Control, including R&D, in the local and export markets. Business segments include public health, pest control, production animals and the PCO retail market.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Technical expertise and Support
• Management of local and export Commercial functions including Sales, Tenders, Marketing, Launches and Events, Pricing and Distribution Channels to maximize earnings. Compiling budgets and the achievement of targets is a key performance area.
• Management of the (EH) Supply Chain function including outsourced manufacturing. Holistic Margin management is a key accountability.
• Managing Licensors and Agencies preferential and exclusivity Agreements with the objective of increasing the Licensed Product portfolio.
• Overseeing EH New Product Development (NPD) programs supported by existing technical staff and registration officers. Compiling Project Plans (Trials, budgets and technical schedules). Design and Approval of Protocols in collaboration with testing facilities and the Registrar’s office, Liaison with the Registrar Act 36 and WHOPES and other regulatory bodies. Coordination and management of trials and development work.
• Technical support and training with regards responsible use of EH products.
• Contribute to and orchestrate the Sustainable Development approach of the company with clear communication and action plans
• Contribute to the management of new projects and re-registrations, label extensions and geographic extension of existing products.
• Support the initiation & management of trials required for registration and product development purposes in Africa for Vector tender & private markets
• Undertake Field trials to ensure the efficacity of our core product range and escalate issues which may affect product/customer dissatisfaction
• Select and propose partners who can provide quality results according to protocol requirements in time covering the defined needs e.g. registration and marketing perspective as well as sub-regional coverage;
• Negotiate contracts in close coordination with global functions e.g. Legal, Team White Biology etc.
• Close follow up to ensure trial implementation and assessments according to protocols
• Ensure availability of final field trial reports within a reasonable timeframe after completion of trials by collaborators
• Responsible and accountable for compliant spending of the field trial budget within approved budget frame
• Representing Avima at EH global conferences and associations
• Set up budget annually in consultation with relevant stakeholders, which include all estimated costs for trials and marketing actions in the Area. Monitor and report expenses versus budget on a monthly basis.
• Visit distributors on an ongoing basis in order to build relationships and mutual trust.
• Make an annual forecast of all product sales in collaboration with all Distributors. This will mean that Distributors will be visited regularly, especially before the sales season begins.
• Set costs to distributors for what has been developed. Monitor sales versus forecast on a monthly basis and explain deviations.
• Do market studies in conjunction with distributors to determine and update market potential of current and new products to ensure maximum sales of the Product Series.
• Develop new Sales by current and new Distributors to expand the business' presence
• Do product training to Sales Agents on new products and even older products as required.
• Investigate and report all product complaints and claims to the relevant stakeholders and suggest how complaints and claims should be appropriated
• Monitor consignments inventory at all depots to ensure stock levels are accurate at all times.
• MSc in natural sciences, preferably including the disciplines of public health and entomology or Zoology and Parasitology.
• an Entomology degree will be an advantage but not a requirement
• At least 5 years’ experience in the Professional Pest Management industry
• High level of knowledge of insect and rodent biology
• Additional tertiary training or practical experience in project management and business management is strongly recommended
• A combination of experience in the following fields will be part of the selection criteria:
- Management of a similar business unit involving a mix of commercial and technical matters
- Malaria Vector Control programs or markets
- Bio pesticides
- Vector Ecology
- Pest Control business
- International tenders and dealing with NGO’s and government programs
- New Product Development and Business Development
- Regulatory matters (Registrar of Pesticides, WHO, FAO, EPA, etc.)
- Technical experience with pesticides and chemicals
• The applicant must be a competent traveler locally, Africa and further abroad as much time (30%) may be spent on business trips.
• a strong grasp on technical matters and our chosen markets in order to support the above functions and should be proficient in synergizing these functions to achieve an efficient and successful business unit. This requires strategic, analytical and methodical thinking.
• The applicant should have excellent people skills, be service oriented and outgoing by nature, complimented by management skills i.e. conflict management and strong leadership and communication skills.
• Excellent business English –verbal & written communication skills.
Closing date for applications: 27th November 2018
Should you not receive any correspondence within two weeks of submitting your application, please consider
Your application unsuccessful.