REPORTS TO : HEAD: PRIVATE SECTOR COMMERCIAL OPERATIONS
DIVISION : PHARMA - ISANDO
• To plan, direct and control marketing activities relating to the Gastro-intestinal (GIT) Brand Portfolio, including the development of appropriate strategies and tactical plans focused on achieving Sales, Profit and Market share objectives. The Brand Portfolio includes the Reuterina range of probiotics. The product range enjoys significant script support from general practitioners, selected specialists and dispensing doctors. A core emphasis of the role will include formulating robust consumer focused strategies, and executing on those strategies, to build substantial brand awareness, increase usage and establish significant brand loyalty across the GIT range, particularly for Reuterina.
• In conjunction with Commercial Management, plan for and launch innovative new products aimed at growing the company’s presence within the GIT market.
• Develop brand strategies for the Ascendis Pharma GIT portfolio aimed at growing the market and significantly increasing Ascendis Pharma’s share of the market.
• Manage and analyse qualitative consumer and market research to understand consumer needs, buying and usage behaviours and identify growth opportunities. Use the research outcomes to formulate effective brand plans and activity schedules and to adjust plans and activities to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
• Implement brand plans and cycle activity plans and closely monitor execution at sales team and trade level to ensure adherence to strategy.
• Brief and liaise with advertising agencies to formulate effective advertising and promotional campaigns utilizing appropriate media that will effectively reach the target markets.
• Maintain close cooperation and communication with all business departments (Regulatory, Supply Chain, Finance) within Ascendis Pharma on issues relating to the GIT portfolio.
• Develop a close working relationship with the Sales Team to drive execution of strategies and tactical plans in the trade.
• Manage brand performance aimed at achieving Sales, Profit and Market share targets. Regularly measure brand performance against agreed targets and adapt plans and activities where necessary.
• Regularly review pricing across the portfolio based upon market dynamics and monitor product cost-of-goods versus price to optimize gross profit margin performance.
• Effectively manage brand Advertising and Promotional expense budgets and ensure strong ROI for all activity.
• Develop and maintain excellent relationships with key customers, key opinion leaders and key suppliers relevant to the GIT brand portfolio.
• Plan KOL events aimed at educating healthcare professionals and increasing brand loyalty, prescription support and product recommendation.
• Back-up for pharmacovigilance
EDUCATION AND KEY EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of a 3 year Marketing Degree / Diploma.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in FMCG Marketing, with an established track record of developing successful consumer brand strategies that have resulted in robust growth and share gains.
• Experience in Pharmaceutical marketing would be advantageous.
• Strong project management skills and an ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
• Strategic thinker and ability to develop concise strategic marketing plans.
• Familiar with developing market / consumer research briefs and reviewing and acting on outcomes.
• Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
• Efficient time management skills with the ability to prioritise effectively.
• The ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
• Analytical, numeracy and financial skills – have the ability to work with numbers and analyse brand performance data.
• Computer skills – must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
• Must have good interpersonal skills, accompanied with excellent verbal and written communication skill.
• Competitive, results driven, creative innovator, with a strong sense of responsibility and accountability; who is passionate about success