Marketplace Manager - Randburg
Package: Negotiable/Market Related
Purpose of the position: Increase the marketplace contribution to overall business in line with eCommerce and category strategies. Design & build a business model and operational services to support seller acquisition and selection growth within key categories. Build the ability to rate sellers and marketplace products and processes to remove poor performers from the Marketplace.
• Define and implement selection criteria for new Marketplace sellers
• Manage seller performance through SLA’s and customer feedback
• Develop an efficient process to list and delist sellers.
• Ensure all sellers agree to the Marketplace SLA and claims process.
• Identify key issues sellers have on Seller Central and address them through the correct channels.
• Ensure each seller has a sufficiently broad range to justify being on the platform.
• Ensure company approves all products a seller wants to sell.
• Actively monitor all sellers for accuracy, stock availability, pricing, product description and images.
• Analyze the market to ensure we have the latest products on the web, if not to ensure the merchant team signs up new sellers in order to be competitive.
• Drive category and range growth according to eCommerce and Merchant strategies
• Acquire new sellers according to eCommerce and Merchant strategies
• Do monthly performance reviews on Sellers.
Marketplace and Operations management
• Manage Marketplace to ensure alignment of Marketplace strategy and customer promise.
• Lead delivery of all technical and functional aspects of the platform.
• Ensure Seller Central is aligned to systems.
• Ensure Marketplace drives correct attributes/data with sellers.
• Manage the product vetting process
• Drive weekly-monthly Marketplace operations meetings
• Build and manage operational team to ensure a world-class customer service for customers and sellers
• Lead web development to drive conversions.
• Ensure Courier Companies deliver within agreed SLA.
• Innovate new channels to deliver marketplace product to customers.
• Manage reverse logistics through ecommerce channels.
• Collaborate with Customer Service team on feedback to improve customer experience
• Ensure all packaging standards are adhered to.
• Establish routine and ad hoc reporting that will measure the effectiveness of product categories and the impact it has on similar in-store categories.
• Report on seller’s performance including SLA, sales and profitability.
• Drive, coordinate and sign off all Marketplace promotional activity both at a seller and collective basis e.g.: Daily deals, flash sales and Seller specific promotions.
• Ensure appropriately structured and staffed to deliver the best service to customers
• Identifying key trends, issues and root causes and implement improvements.
• Assist customer service agents in escalated queries
• Determine all customer touch points and drive all customer automated communication.
• Facilitate the creation of accountable, full service teams who understand and strive to meet the needs of all stakeholders
• Role model behavior and motivate team members
• Take full responsibility for performance of all direct reports, motivating and managing them in relation to quality standards and agreed benchmarks and objectives, focusing on all aspects of sound people management:
o Remuneration and Reward
o Performance Facilitation
o Career path planning
o On-the-job training, coaching & mentoring
Qualifications and Experience
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Commerce or Marketing
• At least 8 years of experience in sales, operations and/or marketing.
• Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Management/ Team Leader experience in similar environment
• eCommerce experience
• In-depth understanding of sales and profitability
• In-depth understanding and experience in targeted marketing and operations
• Key knowledge of performance Improvement and split testing
• Problem solving
• Investigate Issues
• Building Relationships
• Communicating Information
• Processing Details
• Structuring Tasks