Maths Assistant - Cape Town
• A Degree or Diploma in Education with Mathematics as a major.
• Preference will be given to candidates with a qualification in Special/Remedial Education
• At least 5 years teaching experience
• Valid Code 08 driver’s license (compulsory)
• Computer Literacy in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Fully Bilingual in at least two official languages (Preferably: English plus Afrikaans or Xhosa, but must be fluent in English)
Key Performance Areas:
• Identify Mathematics students at risk, i.e. Students who underperform and find it difficult to grasp concepts.
• Offer individualised academic support to students in the class or after lessons.
• Improve the pass, retention and throughput rate of the Mathematics students
• Prepare all remedial educational activities for students at risk
• Monitor student performance
• Reporting on student performances daily
• Providing support to academic staff
• Assist with implementation learner improvement strategies
• Work within the context of a multi-disciplinary team