National Manager: Health and Safety - Johannesburg
- To develop and implement safety and health strategies and policies, aligned to best practices and taking into account legislative requirements so that the company is in compliance with all Health and Safety regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A post graduate Degree or Diploma in management.
- A minimum of 10 years Management experience in a Safety, Health and Environment
- Experience in the development, implementation and maintenance of safety policies, procedures
- Full professional registration with appropriate body.
- Develop and recommend for approval an integrated Safety and Health strategy aligned with Company overall SHERQ strategy and the Company Code of Practice through the following:
- Establish the necessary governance structures and processes such as Safety Committees;
- Develop and recommend for approval internal policies and operating procedures.
- Be a custodian of Safety and Health so that a culture of safety and health management within the company is created
- Apply knowledge and benchmark with international trends so that the company is always aligned with best practice.
- Establish a partnership with business units to embed Safety and Health practices into executive decision making, provide technical support and advice to management so that management makes informed safety and health decisions.
- Initiate behavioural changes so that there is a culture of environmental safety and health within the company.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Business Acumen;
- Cognitive Capacity;
- High Accountability;
- Presentable, professional and confident;
WORKING CONDITIONS/INHERENT REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- Drivers licence code 8.
- Work is normally performed in a typical exterior work environment.
- Regular travel.