New Business Development Consultants - Pretoria
International New Business Development Consultant
An international company has a very exciting opportunity for an experienced BDM.
OVERALL OBJECTIVE/JOB PURPOSE
To manage, develop and maintain sales in the designated region, by using the company resources and products, and following good business practises, to ensure sustainable business for the company.
MAGNITUDE: FINANCIAL :
Annual turnover of the designated area STAFF : As per the Business Development program.
International (All countries including the Republic of South Africa) • MAIN
• Participate and contribute to an effective international business development team.
• Develop long and short-term action plans to achieve results in terms of the international business plan.
• Develop, direct, support and manage an effective international network of incountry partners.
• Develop and maintain effective business relationships with partners and consultants; to facilitate access to targeted markets and continued presence. Network with potential business model partners,
• Build Utility Systems profile through the participation in relevant exhibitions and conferences.
• Provide market intelligence based on a clear understanding of the area; in order for the appropriate actions to be taken.
• Provide feedback from clients in order to access possible improvements to existing products and also the need for new products.
• Identify, implement and manage proof of concept sites
• Develop a project pipeline database.
• Develop and maintain effective business relationships with customers; to achieve sales targets and provide good service to the customer
• Manage, and assist with, the preparation of proposals and tender submissions.
• Assist in the collection of outstanding debts within the designated sales area of responsibility; to ensure the sustainability of the company.
• Identify and establishing contact with potential customers proactively.
• Maintain contact with new and existing customers to advertise the product sales and deliver a detailed account strategy.
• Respond to sales inquiries from new and existing customers.
• Deliver presentations of the company products at conferences, customer sites and exhibitions.
• Meet annual sales goals and targets.
• Present and sell company products and services to current and potential clients.
• Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
• Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned.
• Timely resolution of customer concerns. Identify and resolve client concerns. • Implementation of programmes and initiatives to deliver continual improvements in the customers experience. • Internal liaison to facilitate successful implementation and completion of sales projects. • Maintain contact with clients to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
Candidates must be between the age of 25 - 35
A diploma or degree in a business-oriented discipline 5+ years relevant sales experience.
Experience with government tender processes.
Valid Driver’s license
Proficient computer working knowledge, especially in excel spreadsheets and CRM programmes.
Budget and report writing skills
Placing high value on an ethical approach to business. High achievement drive and results-oriented. Decisiveness in decision making, whilst able to adopt a consultative approach to decision making. Strong time management and planning skills, while being able to prioritize in a flexible manner. Ability to problem solve creatively. Strong customer service focus. Ability to travel. •