Office Manager - Port Elizabeth
Location Port Elizabeth
Purpose statement Ensure that the Efficient Wealth PE office is run effectively
Reports to: Head: Operations (National), Branch Financial Advisors
- Administrative Personnel
- Office cleaner
Job objective To organize and supervise all the administrative activities that facilitates the smooth running of the Efficient Wealth PE Office with additional focus Cash Management and Administration
- Maintain strong relationship with all team participants
- Manage diary of Financial Advisor
- Oversee the preparation of reports, memos, letters, emails and other documents as done by Administrative Personnel
- HR functions – implement company policies and monitor all personnel’s adherence. Keep record of employees’ sick days, overtime, and
vacation days in accordance with company policies and ensure information is forwarded to HR
- Create induction files for new employees
- Liaise with HR
- Manage the receptionist, administrative personnel and office cleaner in terms of development and performance evaluations.
- Processes - Using a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases;
- Managing filing systems;
- Developing and implementing new administrative systems, such as record management;
- Recording office expenditure and managing the budget;
- Organising meetings with staff;
- Delegating work to staff and managing their workload and output;
- Promoting staff development and training;
- Implementing and promoting equality and diversity policy;
- Responding to customer enquiries and complaints;
- Drafting and reviewing office policies in collaboration with HR
- Reviewing and updating health and safety policies and ensuring they are observed;
- Attending conferences and training.
- Take, type and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Maintain schedules and calendars.
- Ensure process flows are maintained.
- Sign off on Cash requisitions, with original invoices to Finance Department twice monthly.
Manage computer and internet system. Liaise with IT if problems occur
Manage the IT process for equipment for new employees (liaise with HOD regarding requirement, process documents, and ensure timeous set-up)
- Investment and Risk administration - Compile proposals and implement clients’ instruction regarding: Switches, repurchases, maturities,
surrenders, retirement/early retirements, Section 14 and 37 transfers, arrear premiums and lapses, advisor changes and appointments etc.
- Assist with finalising proposals (i.e. obtaining outstanding requirements and arranging medicals etc.)
- Setting up appointments
- Pro-actively identify new business opportunities and marketing of products in area of responsibility
- Recording of client interaction and updating of client records upon completion of interaction
- Maintain client record and database, both hard copies and electronically
- Research investment portfolios and investment performance of all client’s portfolio and preparation of review reports
- Ensure compliance with FICA and FAIS legislation
- Ensure reviews take place with active clients in accordance with company policy and company investment philosophy
- Conduct research and obtain information and values required to compile proposals for clients
- Assist clients in obtaining tax certificates, if/when required
- Track relevant legislation and keep up to date on investment solutions
- Attend to resolve clients’ concerns, queries and complaints regarding their portfolio
- Ad hoc duties that include the above but are not limited to it
- CASH Management - Assist in new client accounts, signing off and checking for completeness.
Matric and relevant diploma and/or degree
Minimum 5 years’ experience in an office environment
Knowledge and skills
- Professional and presentable
- Reliable and service delivery
- Strong work ethic and results driven
- Attention to detail
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Team player
- Pro-active and initiative
- Effective communicator
- Planning and organising
- Time management
- Administrative and basic accounting skills
Manage and Control all Cash Management processes and procedures
Authorize payments daily
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.