Operations General Manager - Sandton
Responsible for managing the general operations to ensure that customer satisfaction and budget profit margins are achieved.
Key Tasks and Outcomes
Developing targets and goals annually to be reviewed on a monthly basis for achievement.
Establishing and maintaining working relationships with client on the day of the event.
Developing clear plans to farm existing clients and propose forecasted opportunities.
Responsible for sales planning and execution.
Ensures up to date function sheets are displayed and being worked from.
Ensures function or events are ready 30 minutes before on the day
Will be required to work the floor for all functions and maintain correct service level.
Ensuring the venue delivers to client expectations and the overall 5-star experience
Planning for and manage the logical set-ups and execution of all aspects of the events.
Effective planning of functions.
Adhering to the brand identity by identifying clear requirements and executing down to the finer details to produce 5-star experience.
Conceptualising and complete execution of events.
Ensures that all operation areas are always clean and maintained to 5-star grading requirement.
• Operations experience
• Knowledge of the hospitality industry
• Strategic approach
• Microsoft office
• Excellent customer service
Competencies required for the role:
• Ability to work with other people
• Good communications skills
• Confidence in a formal situation
• Extremely organised and delivers to expectations
• Creative and innovative in their approach
• Copes in pressurised situations and is able to adapt to changing circumstances
• Written communication is essential
• Leading and management
• Learns new things rapidly
Minimum 5 years in operations role or similar.
Hospitality diploma or degree preferable
Other: Food and Beverage Management