Packaging Development Technologist - DurbanSalary Negotiable
- Recruiter: Sapientis South Africa
- Location: Durban, Kwazulu-Natal
- Salary: Salary Negotiable
- Sector: Engineering Jobs
- Job Type: Permanent
- Date Added: 07 May 2012
- Applications: 0
- AA/EE opportunity?: No
- Benefits: Not Included
We are urgently recruiting for a Packaging Development Technologist to assess packaging to ensure it is fit for purpose, to complete the content of technical specifications for packaging components and where relevant, to deliver solutions to agreed innovation and cost saving projects, on time and in full, by following best practice in packaging to deliver the Category Programme.
Minimum Requirements/Criteria include:
- BSc, BEng or B-Tech Degree and/or Packaging Diploma (essential)
- Minimum of 3-4 years relevant experience within the Packaging Development space specifically in Home Care, Foods, Cosmetic or Pharmaceutical industries (essential)
- Strategic influencing – ability to present concepts and technology options in a business relevant manner
- Organizational awareness – to be able to keep abreast of regional / international developments and to excel in innovation implementation capabilities.
- Project & Portfolio Management experience
- Exceptional communication skills (written and spoken)
- Must be target driven with clear delivery record
Successful incumbent will primarily be based in Durban, KZN or Johannesburg, Gauteng.
Travel: A moderate amount of travelling will be required domestically to support trials & engaging with suppliers for development purposes