PHP Developer - Randburg
My client in the Engineering/ Mining Industry is seeking the expertise of a PHP Developer and Team Leader to join their team. Salary is highly negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
NOTICE: Should you apply for a vacancy and your skills and experience DO NOT match the inherent REQUIREMENTS of the position, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DELETED. Please ensure that you READ and understand the advertised position BEFORE sending your CV to us, or otherwise you will just be wasting YOUR time and ours
PHP Developer and Team Leader
A position has become available for a team leader with 2-3 years relevant experience or an IT graduate looking to start their career. The successful candidate will need to have an IT related degree/diploma and/or 2-3 years experience. The duties will include but are not limited to, project management of projects/tasks, the team leading and mini management of resources, the designing and creating of specifications, minor day-to-day operational work for their respective products, code/system reviewing, stringent testing of projects and final delivery of projects. An assertive person with good leadership qualities is required that can work in an Agile environment.
Qualifications and Experience
- IT related Diploma/ Degree / Certificate.
- Valid drivers license & own car required. [Non negotiable]
- If you a graduate you will be required to have:
- Excellent marks and all subjects passed.
- Be willing to learn the programming languages we use.
- Practical experience with any development and database knowledge an advantage.
- If you have 2-3 years experience in a similar position you will be required to have:
- Knowledge of the following programming languages required C, Java, PHP, CGI/Perl
- Knowledge of web technologies (java scripting, jquery, ajax).
- Database integration and SQL knowledge a must have
- SQL and relational databases knowledge, ability to write SQL queries, triggers and store procs advantageous.
- 1-2 years experience in a BI environment advantageous.
- Good understanding of project-management disciplines and Business Change Lifecycle methodology.
- Good knowledge of the SDLC but the ability to work and thrive in an Agile environment
- Good skills in research, analysis, design, project planning and implementation
- Flexibility to learn new languages where projects require it
- Knowledge of Linux advantageous.
- Good analytical and business-analysis skills.
- Proven leadership capability and ability to motivate others towards performance.
- Proven people-management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain a sense of discipline
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Analytical and methodical skills with a high attention to detail.
- Takes a lot of pride in themselves and there work.
- Have a strong ethos of delivery high quality applications.
- Pro-active and takes on responsibility for projects.
- Score highly on innovation and initiative.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and independently (relatively little supervision).
- Creative,‘out-of-the-box’ thinking.
- Be open to new ideas, methodologies and open to constructive criticism.
- Must be able to meet deadlines/commitments, good time management.
- Personal appearance to suit a corporate environment.
- A good positive attitude and demeanour, filled with energy and enthusiasm.
Key Performance Areas
- The candidate’s primary responsibility would be:
- Project management of projects/tasks,
- The team leading and mini management of resources
- The designing and creating of specifications from briefs.
- Minor day-to-day operational work for their respective products
- Code/system reviewing, stringent testing of projects and final delivery of projects.
- Be the team leader for a technical division/s.
- Must take responsibility and ownership for the developments, applications, systems, etc within their technical division.
- Apply them selves and continually add value to their technical division and the department.
Market related depending on qualification and experience.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Therefore, if you have not received any correspondence within two weeks of your application, you have been unsuccessful.