Process Engineering Manager - Pinetown
CAPITAL EXPANSION AND PROJECT FEASIBILITY
• Assessing capital improvement options for plant expansion or reconfiguration by developing and testing process simulation models.
• Development of capital justification documentation outlining scope, process description, feasibility, return on investment appropriate for board level communication as well as project engineering specification.
• Designing, installing and commissioning new production plants, including monitoring developments and troubleshooting.
• Setting up scale-up and scale-down processes including appropriate changes to equipment design and configuration.
• Researching new products from trial through to commercialization and improving product lines.
• To provide technical specialist knowledge with the research and development of new business initiatives.
• Applying new technologies.
• Review and update business procedures and documents based on project requirements. Develop metrics and return on investment (ROI) before recommending projects to determine business expectations. Analyze realization of measurements upon completion.
ONGOING PLANT OPTIMISATION
• To provide a link between Production and Technical department in terms of plant improvements.
• To monitor plant efficiency in order to ensure plant availability and low cost production.
• Optimizing production by analyzing processes and compiling de-bottleneck studies.
• Working closely with process chemists, production managers and engineers to ensure the process plant is set up to provide maximum output levels and efficient running of the production facility.
• Designing plant and equipment configuration so that they can be readily adapted to suit existing and new product ranges and the process technologies involved.
PROCESS SAFETY AND QUALITY MANAGEMENT
• Custodian of Process Safety Management (PSM) taking ownership of Management of Change (MOC) directing HAZOP studies as and where required.
• Monitoring of plant quality output to ensure best operating.
• Establishment of plant operations parameters for safety and quality requirements and monitoring plant compliance in this regard.
• Ensuring that potential safety issues related to plant operator, the environment, the process and the product are considered at all stages of plant design.
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
• Professional registration with ECSA maintains status via CPD credits to ensure that registration is always applicable.
• Ongoing self-development through participation in relevant industry bodies.
• Remain at the forefront of industry developments and opportunities.
• Ability to mentor, coach and develop Junior Chemical Engineering candidates to achieve professional status.
• BSc Chemical Engineering
• Pr Eng registration with ECSA
• 15 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
• 10 years’ experience in a hazardous chemical environment
• Experience with Lean/Six Sigma an advantage
• Proven track record of initiation, taking the process design lead, and delivery of R500m+ capital projects
• Prepared to travel in SA
• R1.4m pa package negotiable